Area involved: Burkina Faso
Specialized training refers to all types of training funded by the Foundation that prepare beneficiaries for carrying out a trade. It includes training that is not gained from formal education, but that serves to impart theoretical and/or practical skills with which to carry out revenue-generating activities or a trade. This type of practical training leads directly to employment opportunities for young people.
These types of training will allow the beneficiaries to be more competitive on the labour market. They can also work on their own account if they benefit from a support for their installation.
David Tankoano de Tawori told us:
“We learned a lot with the training, as previously I couldn’t do some things that I now can do very well. And, the money I made through the activity is a great help towards my current expenses. I would like to express my deepest thanks to SEMAFO Foundation for its help, as even if there are still challenges to be addressed within the activity, I am conscious that the Foundation has offered us this opportunity, and I will do my best to meet the challenge.”
- Motorcycle mechanics training: duration 45 days, 7 beneficiaries (2017-2018)
- Enrolment of 5 young people in electricity (1 person) and in welding (4 people) to obtain the 2-year Certificate of Professional Qualification (CQP). Donated the necessary tools. (2017-2018)
- Formation en alphabétisation : durée 100 heures, 30 bénéficiaires (2016-2017)
- Motorcycle mechanics training: duration 45 days, 7 beneficiaries (2016-2017)
- Training in the production of laterite bricks: 60 beneficiaries (2016-2017)
- Sewing training: 12 beneficiaries (2016-2017)
- Enrolment of 5 young people (2 years) in electricity and welding to obtain the Certificate of Professional Qualification (CQP). Donated the necessary tools.
- 2015-2016 – 6 students from Balé and Mouhoun received professional training in building electricity work in order to obtain the CQP (Certificate of Professional Qualification).
- 2015-2016 – 1 student previously supported in his BEP (Diploma of Occupational Studies) civil engineering studies, started a baccalaureat in civil engineering F4 this year, which he successfully passed
- 2014-2015 – 6 students from Balé and Mouhoun received professional training in building electricity work in order to obtain the CQP (Certificate of Professional Qualification).
- 2014-2015 – Two students who had previously received financial support for their BEP (Diploma of Occupational Studies) in civil engineering received assistance to enable them to take BAC in civil engineering.
- 2012-2014 –The Foundation subsidised the first and second year of studies for six students in civil engineering and architectural design and for one student taking a BAC in accounting techniques. They have successfully passed their Brevet.
- A student was accompanied in his school year and obtained his technological diploma G2 series (Quantitative Techniques of Management) at the national technical school Sangoulé Lamizana of Ouagadougou (2012-2013)
- 2010-2013 Support for the master’s program in geology at the University of Chicoutimi
This post is also available in: French