MISELANEOUS HEALTH RELATED PROJECTS
Burkina Faso: in activity
Niger: Project completed in 2014
A number of health projects were carried out in Niger, including the construction of a health center in Bossey Bangou in partnership with the Rotary Club of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
In addition, solar energy has helped to improve working conditions in the different rural health services locations in both Niger and Burkina Faso especially during the nights when emergency work was previously done with flashlights. In Burkina Faso, a partnership was established with ESF (Électriciens Sans-Frontières of Rhone-Alpes), a French NGO for solar electrification.
SEMAFO Foundation, in collaboration with Health Partners Canada (HPI), has distributed mother-child kits containing drugs and nutritional supplements and delivery materials to women who regularly attend health centers and maternity for their consultations (ANC , postnatal and infant). These SEMAFO Foundation donations offer strong support against malnourishment, in addition to also improving mother-children health.
The donations of the SEMAFO Foundation have allowed a good management of the malnourished, but also the improvement of the health of the mother and the child.
- 74,239 people impacted from 2009 to 2018
- Organisation of an awareness-raising campaign on early /unwanted pregnancies in schools (1,500 students affected) and family planning (800 people affected) in the Mana area, in collaboration with DAIZ and PHARE (2017-2018)
- Installation of solar panels on the health center in Fobiri, benefiting 6,000 people (2017-2018)
- Refurbishment of the health center in Kalbouli (2017-2018)
- Installation of a fence for Wona CSPS (2015)
- 59,960 people affected since 2009
- Renovation of the CSPS of Wona in partnership with TOTAL, in addition to construction of 2 latrines and a shower (2015)
- 7,740 persons impacted (2014-2015)
- Electrification of the Tiawa health center, the maternity clinic in Bolsi and the Boulon Djounga health center in Niger (October 2012)
- Electrification of 6 health centers in Burkina Faso: Bana, Dangouna, Kona, Wona and Yona in 2011 and Mana in 2013.
- Construction of a health center in Bossey Bangou in Niger (2009)
- Improved drug and vaccine storage conditions
This post is also available in: French