Area Involved: Burkina Faso and Niger
The Foundation is seen as a positive advocate for the development of youth and sporting activities at school.
The Foundation has been supporting sporting activities since 2010 in five CEBs (basic education district) in the final of the OSEP tournament. Note that the OSEP tournament is a primary school event held nationally throughout Burkina Faso, and that the inter CEB final is followed by inter-provincial competitions and inter-regional matches. In 2011-2012, the SEMAFO Foundation extended its support of sports and cultural activities to 5 CEGs located in its area of interest. In 2016, we began supporting 1 CEB from the eastern region.
As our focus lies on the notion of cultural and sporting exchanges, we have become involved in the inter-collegial tournament through the distribution of jerseys, sporting goods and the hands-on organization of events.
- 43,425 people impacted since 2013-2014
- 5,830 people affected in Burkina Faso (2017-2018)
- Supported 8 CEBs in the OSEP/C finals through the donation of 29 balls, 16 football shirts and refreshments (2017-2018)
- 6,817 people affected (2015-2016)
- 22 villages involved in the OSEP / C (2015-2016)
- In 2015, shirts, shorts and some of the balls were offered by the “Club de soccer de Saint-Jérôme” in Canada
- The OSEP’s final matches are dominated by the colors of SEMAFO Foundation with complete sets of shirts, balls, drinks and meals for 10 teams at the primary level and 5 teams at high school and college levels (2013-2014)
- Support for better development of youth through sport and culture
This post is also available in: French