Area involved: Burkina Faso
The specialized training makes a reference to all the formations financed by the Foundation to prepare the beneficiaries to be capable of exercising a job. It is formations which do not come true all in a formal educational frame, but which have the merit to give theoretical and/or practical skills to bring to a successful conclusion generative activities of income or to exercise a job. These practical formations open directly on the employment for the young people.
These trainings will allow the beneficiaries to be more competitive on the labour market. They can also work on their own account if they benefit from a support for their installation.
David Tankoano de Tawori says:
“We learned a lot through sewing lessons, because there are things I did not know how to do, and now I am very good at it. In addition, the income generated by the activity helps me a lot in my current expenses. I thank the SEMAFO Foundation very much for this support, because although there are still challenges to be met for the activity to be perfect, I remain aware that this is an opportunity that was offered to us by the Foundation and I would do my best to meet the challenge.”
- Literacy training: duration 100 hours, 30 beneficiary (2016-2017)
- Motorcycle mechanics training: duration 45 days, 7 beneficiaries (2016-2017)
- Training in the production of laterite bricks: 60 beneficiaries (2016-2017)
- Sewing training: 12 beneficiaries (2016-2017)
- Registration of 5 young people (2 years) in electricity and welding to obtain the Certificate of Professional Qualification (CQP). Gift of sets of tools necessary for their function.
- Formation en couture : 12 bénéficiaires (2016-2017)
- 2015-2016 – 6 students from Balé and Mouhoun received professional training in building electricity work in order to obtain the CQP (Certificate of Professional Qualification).
- 2015-2016 – 1 students previously supported to acquire the BEP (Diploma of Occupational Studies) civil engineering, took over this year the baccalauriat civil engineering F4, which he passed with success
- 2014-2015 – 6 students from Balé and Mouhoun received professional training in building electricity work in order to obtain the CQP (Certificate of Professional Qualification).
- 2014-2015 – Two students who had previously received financial support for their BEP (Diploma of Occupational Studies) in civil engineering received assistance to enable them to take BAC in civil engineering.
- 2012-2014 –The Foundation subsidised the first and second year of studies for six students in civil engineering and architectural design and for one student taking a BAC in accounting techniques. They have successfully passed their Brevet.
- 2012 -2013 – A student was accompanied in his school year and obtained his technological diploma G2 series (Quantitative Techniques of Management) at the national technical school Sangoulé Lamizana of Ouagadougou
- 2010-2013 Support for the master’s program in geology at the University of Chicoutimi
This post is also available in: French