SCHOOL KITS PROJECT
Burkina Faso: in activity
Niger: Project completed in 2014
Improving the enrolment and success of children in school, makes it easier for classes to begin and is a source of motivation for students.
The Foundation has been distributing school kits to elementary school students since 2010. Distributed supplies are all required and adapted to the child’s level of education. Each kit includes notebooks, a slate, chalk, pens, pencils, coloring pencils, a geometry set, a pencil case, an eraser and a ruler. The aim is to improve access to education and reduce the financial burden on parents. By distributing school supplies, the Foundation helps to increase school enrolment.
Through this, the SEMAFO Foundation helped to increase the gross enrolment rate from 33% to 49% and the success rate from 22% to 38% in the schools it supports with school kits between 2009 and 2015, according to the national statistics and the MDGs (Millennium Development Goals).
- 73,921 students in 70 schools in Burkina Faso and Niger received school kits since 2010.
- 3,265 solar lamps were distributed in Burkina Faso and Niger
- 10,204 students in 38 schools received school kits in 2015
- 8,097 students in 37 schools received school kits in 2014
- 14,575 students in 70 schools received school kits in 2013
- 95 giant slates were distributed in 15 schools (2013) of Burkina Faso
This post is also available in: French