Burkina Faso: in activity
“On my first production and marketing cycle, I was able to earn a profit of 2,500 FCFA ($ 5). I used the money to buy clothes for my children and also to buy condiments for family meals.”
SEMAFO Foundation wanted to support women involved in income generating activities through training and the establishment of village banks. In cooperation with the Credit Union of Burkina Faso and Développement International Desjardins (DID), loans were granted exclusively to women for their income generating activities.
- As at June 30, 2016, the appropriation was $178,758 (CFAF 80,146,000)
- 20 villages were initially trained
- The training is carried out using role-playing games to ensure a realistic understanding (Theater)
- The regular meetings are also an opportunity to address different health-related issues. In order to be productive, they must, above all, be healthy.
- The duration of the majority of loans varies between 4 and 8 months.
This post is also available in: French