INVESTMENTS IN EDUCATION
Burkina Faso: in activity
Niger: Project completed in 2014
In 2015, Foundation SEMAFO added 4 classes to the CEG built in Wona, Burkina Faso, making it into a one-off school that has 8 classes.
In its contribution to meeting the MDGs (Millennium Development Goals) and since October 2015 to meeting the SDGS (Sustainable Development Goals), SEMAFO Foundation aims primarily to enhance school enrolment, improve success rates and the quality of education. This should lead to a sustainable improvement of school life and an expansion and upgrading of school facilities.
The following methods have been chosen to achieve these goals: an increase and improvement in educational facilities, the provision of supplies and furniture and the construction of latrines and fresh-water well.
- Number of classrooms built and renovated between 2009 and 2016: 87
- 82% rate of increase in enrolment at the secondary level in the town of Bana since establishment of Wona’s CEG (2015)
- Installation of 151 hand washing facilities in schools in Burkina Faso (as of June 30, 2015)
- Construction of three libraries (2011 and 2012) and supplying of 6 (2009-2012)
- Construction of a microscope laboratory for the University of Ouagadougou (2013)
- Training of 4 librarians (2012)
- Electrification of the CEG Boulkagou and 10 primary schools in Niger (2013)
- Solar electrification of 8 schools in Burkina Faso (2012-2013)
This post is also available in: French